OFFICIAL NOTICE OF A FINANCE MEETING OF STILLINGFLEET PARISH COUNCIL
TO BE HELD AT 7.30pm IN STILLINGFLEET VILLAGE INSTITUTE ON THURSDAY 20 JUNE 2019
Chairman: Cllr Paul Elmhirst
Clerk/RFO: Ruth Swales, Brookfield, The Green Stillingfleet YO19 6SG
Meetings are open to the Press and Public except for any item labelled as part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, Section 1
Press and public may not speak when the council is in progress; when councillors are discussing council business nor when councillors are in the process of decision making.
- Any elector is entitled to attend this meeting. Any concerns, questions or suggestions will be taken after the Chairman has welcomed those present. There will not be any time allotted for public participation at this meeting as it is an extraordinary meeting purely to consider year end finance matters.
- Listeners may speak at the end of the meeting to share information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
- All present are required to sign the attendance sheets.
Councillors are summoned to attend this Meeting of the Parish Council (detailed above) and to consider and resolve the business to be transacted on the agenda below.
A G E N D A
19025 Welcome and Public Participation:
Chair to welcome all present to the meeting
Council to receive apologies and any reasons for absence from councillors; to consider and resolve whether or not to accept any reasons given.
19027 Co-option Procedure
To consider and resolve to adopt the proposed co-option procedure – appendix 1
19028 Selby’s re-cycling services
To consider how the Council might encourage responses to the consultation that is under-way regarding proposals for changes to Selby’s recycling services. (Link to consultation circulated previously).
19029 Year-end Procedures
- To consider and note the Annual Internal Audit for 2018/19 included at page 4 of the AGAR 2018/19 (appendix 2) and resolve to address any highlighted deficiencies.
- To consider and approve Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2018/19 on page 5 of the AGAR 2018/19.
- To consider and approve Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2018/19 on page 6 of the AGAR
- To consider and approve the Explanation of Variances 2017/18 .v. 2018/19 (appendix 3)
- To approve the publication of dicuments required by the Accounts & Audit Regulations 2015, the Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015 and the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.
19030 Bank mandate
In accordance with the resolution put down at the annual meeting the 3 counter-signatories to sign the revised bank mandates.
19031 Transfer of CIL funds
In accordance with resolution made at the ordinary meeting on 16 May 2019 to sign the cheque and deposit form to transfer £2,967.30 (being the CIL funds in relation to the Plantation House development) from the Council’s current account to its NS&I account to be held in reserve for any future expenditure on a children’s playground.
19032 Data protection fee
As Data Controller under the GDPR regulations Council needs to resolve to pay the data protection fee to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) – the tier 1 fee for data controllers with up to 10 members of staff is £40.
19033 Street Lighting / energy costs
19033.1 To receive an update from Cllr Elmhirst re his enquiries into the Council’s street lighting costs (appendix 4 refers).
19033.2 To note receipt of an invoice for 2018-19 street lighting energy costs amounting to £1,706.71 which is £107 (6.7%) above budget and represents a 14.5% increase year on year.
19033.3 To resolve to request a site survey to determine the Council’s street lighting inventory and enable the production of a full costing re the further conversion to LED lighting.
19033.4 To receive an update from Cllr Elmhirst re any response from NPG re the cost of replacement of the light at 1 Laburnham Grove and the requested wayleave in relation to 1 Laburnham Grove.
19034 Payments Due
To resolve to make the following payments:
|NYCC re street lighting electricity
|Stillingfleet Village Institute re today’s meeting
|ICO re data protection fee
19035 Date of next meeting
To confirm the date of the next ordinary meeting as Thursday 1 August 2019 at 7.30pm
Signed: Ruth Swales, Clerk to the Council