18059/61 Welcome, attendance and apologies:

The Chair welcomed councillors and the clerk as follows:

Councillors: Paul Elmhirst (Chair), John Cook (Vice-chair), Lesley Collingridge, Richard Daniel, Terry Harrison, Sally Lewis, David Swinglehurst, James Atkinson, Richard Musgrave (County Councillor).

Clerk: Ruth Swales

Public: No members of the public were in attendance.

Council received apologies from Cllr Dixon. All present signed the Attendance sheet.

18062     Declarations of Interests:

Although not a direct interest Cllr Atkinson advised he would withdraw when the playground update was discussed.

18063     Minutes:

Council resolved to accept the Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 6 December 2018 and the Chairman signed the minutes as a true record.

18064     Matters Arising from the last meeting:

Council received information on the following ongoing issues:

18064.1  Playground update:

The Chair advised that he was in contact with the owner of the plot of land behind the village institute and that he would inform the Council of any developments.

18064.2    Village Green updates:

  • Cllr Elmhirst reminded the Council that although Sweetings had not given a precise quote for undertaking the re-grading of the grips and ditches to aid drainage of the Green, they had indicated the work would require a small digger and two days labour. Cllr Atkinson agreed to source a second quote for comparison.

–      Cllr Daniel agreed to follow up re the removal of the fallen willow tree and Cllr Elmhirst agreed to chase up Branches Out re the removal of some lower branches both of which had been identified for attention through the Risk Assessment

–      Cllr Cook advised that the paving slab had been laid ahead of the proposed re-site of the waste bin from the church lych gate.

RESOLVED to request Selby District Council to attend to the re-site

–     Council noted the installation of the dog waste bins and that the application for the final 50% of the S106 funding of £264.38 had been submitted.

  1. GDPR / Policy Review Update :

In accordance with the Council’s GDPR Action Plan, Council considered and reviewed the final drafts of the following documents which the Policy Review Committee had recommended for adoption by the Council and:

RESOLVED to adopt the proposed Data Protection Policy

RESOLVED to adopt the proposed Security Incident Response policy

RESOLVED to adopt the proposed Subject Access Request procedure

noting that by adopting these policies the Council will have completed its GDPR Action Plan and should therefore have appropriate policies and procedures in place as required by GDPR legislation. Adopted policies and procedures will be posted onto the Council Website for future reference in accordance with the Publication Scheme.

  1. 18066. Police Matters: Ther were no police matters relevant to the Parish to bring to the Council’s attention.
  2. Planning Matters: Council received information and updates on the following:
  3. 18067.1 Stillingfleet Mine Site
  • Cllr Musgrave advised of the further postponement of the planning hearing (which had been scheduled for 22 January 2018) in relation to the application for change of use of part of the former coal mine site, Escrick Road, Stillingfleet. – ref: NY/2016/0251/FUL. The further delay was due mainly because there had been a change in the Planning Officer.  Cllr Musgrave advised that he expected Selby District Council to strengthen their opinion that the proposed change of use constitutes a major development and as such is contrary to their own core strategy. The next date for the hearing is likely to be April 2019.
  • Cllr Elmhirst had arranged to meet David Hardy (the Planning Lawyer) to discuss whether he can add anything further of value in drafting a letter to Selby Planning to strengthen the Council’s objection. If he can Cllr Elmhirst will share with neighbouring Councils to ascertain whether they are prepared to share the costs of instructing the Planning Lawyer.

18067.2 Cllr Musgrave advised that as yet no formal planning application has been submitted re the proposed Clay Pit site development by Plasmor.  Cllr Elmhirst advised that Sustrans (the Charity which operates the bike track) had agreed to a meeting to discuss options for lorries from the proposed site crossing the bike track as an alternative to using Escrick Road.

18067.3 Cllr Cook advised that as the church’s application for funding from the Heritage Lottery fund was unlikely to be successful the proposed felling of several trees in the churchyard was now not being progressed – ref: 2018/1289/TCA.

  1. Matters raised by Councillors

18068.1  Cllr Elmhirst advised that permission had been requested and an easement drawn up relating to water supply pipes and meter for the new property (Cherry Tree House) being built behind the Manor on the Green at YO19 6SG.  In accordance with the Council’s Drains and Drives policy Council had received £75 for this installation and Northern Powergrid have entered into a Wayleave agreement to pay £15 per annum re the power cable laid in the Council owned verge of the Green.

RESOLVED to review the Council’s current Drains and Drives policy to ensure it continues to be sufficient for future developments.

18068.2 Cllr Cook advised that he had attended the CEF partnership board at which the proposed Community Development Plan (CDP) was debated.  Suggestions for inclusion in the CDP had been brainstormed but as yet no output from the meeting had been circulated.

18068.3 Cllr Cook agreed to attend the next Selby branch meeting of the YLCA on 13 February to raise local highway issues on behalf of the Council.

18068.4 RESOLVED that Cllr Elmhirst and Cllr Daniel would undertake the annual risk assessment for 2019 and revert to Council with their findings.

18069     Financial Matters

18069.1  Insurance cover update:

Council considered the quotation received for increasing the Council’s insurance cover to £15,000 in line with the replacement value of the Council’s assets and RESOLVED to pay the increase in the annual premium of £28.58 + tax effective from the next renewal date.

18069.2 Electricity costs:

RESOLVED to write to NYCC to enquire how they arrive at the annual electricity lighting costs for the Council’s 28 street lights and obtain an estimate of by how much the cost would be reduced by the planned replacement of the existing sodium bulbs with the more efficient LED bulbs.  Letter to also enquire when NYCC expect to fit the new LED bulb to street light number 3 which has been re-sited.

18069.3  Council received the following update re recent receipts and closing balances:

Recent receipts:

Yorkshire Water re water meter installation @ Cherry Tree House £75.00
Interest capitalisation on the Council’s NS& I investment a/c £15.03

 Closing balances as at 31 January 2019 :

Parish Council current account                                         £6,736.47

Parish Council NS& I account                                          £2,087.08

Council RESOLVED to make the following payments:

Ruth Swales –reimbursement re YLCA Planning training £86.25
Stillingfleet VI – re hall bookings £120.00
Ruth Swales – reimbursement of expenses £28.02
HMRC re Clerk’s salary (Nov/Dec) £34.20
Solutions for payroll re Clerk’s salary admin £12.05
Acorn Lighting Services – defect remedy £30.00

Selby DC – Supply & fit of 4 dog waste bins

Net cost to Council after receipt of S106 funding of £528.75 & recovery of VAT of £142.65 will be £184.49

RBL Poppy appeal re wreath donation (S137 payment) £20.00
Council noted payment of Clerk’s salary for November & December

18069.4  Salary Review

Having adopted the NALC model contract of employment for the Clerk and setting her pay band at LC1 – scale point 18, Council reviewed the Clerk’s salary in line with the 2018-19 National scale which is to take effect from 1 April 2019 and RESOLVED to increase the Clerk’s hourly rate with effect from 1 April 2019 in line with the National Agreement.

  1. Dates of future Meetings:

 18070.1  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 4 April 2019 at 7.30pm and it was noted that this meeting will be preceded by the annual meeting of the Parish commencing at 7pm.

18070.2  Council noted that the Chair and the Clerk will be attending a meeting at Selby DC on 18 February to understand roles and responsibilities re the forthcoming Parish elections due to be held on 2 May 2019.