OFFICIAL NOTICE OF AN ORDINARY MEETING OF STILLINGFLEET PARISH COUNCIL
TO BE HELD AT 7.30pm IN STILLINGFLEET VILLAGE INSTITUTE ON THURSDAY 1 AUGUST 2019
Chairman: Cllr Paul Elmhirst
Clerk/RFO: Ruth Swales, Brookfield, The Green Stillingfleet YO19 6SG
Meetings are open to the Press and Public except for any item labelled as part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, Section 1
Press and public may not speak when the council is in progress; when councillors are discussing council business nor when councillors are in the process of decision making.
- Any elector is entitled to attend this meeting. Any concerns, questions or suggestions will be taken after the Chairman has welcomed those present. The time for this public participation will be limited to 15 minutes.
- Beyond the public participation session listeners may also speak at the end of the meeting for the purpose of sharing information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
Councillors are summoned to attend this Meeting of the Parish Council (detailed above) and to consider and resolve the business to be transacted on the agenda below.
A G E N D A
- Welcome / Apologies / Attendance
a)Chair to welcome Councillors, Clerk and any visitors to the meeting.
b) Council to receive apologies and any reasons for absence from Councillors and to consider and resolve whether or not to accept any reasons given.
c) All present are requested to sign the Attendance sheet.
19037 Public Participation: if appropriate
19038 Declarations of Interests:
Chair to remind members to make any declarations of interest in any agenda items.
- Notice of intention to co-opt to fill the two Councillor vacancies:
- To note that applications and eligibility certifications have been received from 3 potential candidates and circulated to Councillors in advance of the meeting.
- Applicants to have the opportunity to address Council should they so wish.
- Council to discuss each candidates’ suitability for the role when no applicants or members of the public are present and to follow the adopted co-option procedure to select candidates.
19040 Councillors’ contact details and preferences
Councillors to review and sign their consent to circulation of their contact details and preferences to other Council members.
a). Council to resolve whether to accept Minutes of the Parish Council meetings held on 16 May 2019 and 20 June 2019.
b). If approved, Chairman to initial and sign minutes as a true record.
19042 Matters Arising from the last meeting:
To receive information on the following ongoing issues and decide further action where necessary:
19042.1 Playground update:
To receive an update from Cllr Elmhirst re any developments regarding the land directly behind the Village Institute which has been identified as a potential site for a children’s playground.
19042.2 Village Hall ownership update:
To receive an update from Cllr Elmhirst re his enquiries into the ownership of the Village Hall.
19042.3 Village Green update:
To receive an update from the Village Green Committee regarding the:
– Request for a derogation from Natural England re re-grading of the grips and ditches;
– Consideration of the quotation from Anthony Atkinson for undertaking the cleaning of the ditches.
– Recent hay-making of The Green.
– Overhanging trees on The Green.
– Manor Cottages gulley improvement.
– Leaking drain near the Chapel car park.
– General site risk assessment of erecting the rope swing on The Green.
– Circular re the rules relating to The Green.
19042.4 Street Lighting update:
To receive an update from Cllr Elmhirst and Cllr Harrison re:
– the site survey by NYCC of the Council’s street lighting inventory
– the replacement of the light at l Laburnum Grove
– the fault reported re the street light between Rowan House and Kenilworth House, The Green.
– the defective light adjacent to Fearndale, The Green, YO19 6SG
19042.5 Update re the proposed changes to re-cycling practices:
19043. Police Matters: To receive information and consider any police matters raised by Councillor Harrison.
19044. Planning Matters: To receive information and updates on the following:
19044.1 Stillingfleet Mine Site
Update re the revised planning application for change of use of part of the former coal mine site, Escrick Road, Stillingfleet. – ref: NY/2016/0251/FUL.
19044.2 Escrick Clay Pit Site:
Update re the negotiations between Plasmor and Sustrans re the possibility of building a bridge over the bike track to avoid lorries needing to use the Escrick Road.
19044.3 Plantation House site:
Update re the breaching of planning conditions at the Plantation House development.
19044.4 Update re recent Planning decisions:
- To note the granting of planning permission re the proposed erection of a single storey rear extension at Grove House, The Green, Stillingfleet, YO19 6SG (ref: 2019/0330/HPA).
- To note the granting of planning permission re the proposed garage conversion and glazed canopy to the rear of Rose Cottage, York Road, Stillingfleet (ref 2019/0398/HPA).
19044.5 Update re recent Planning applications received:
- To note that plans have been circulated to the Planning Committee re a re-consultation on the application for the proposed erection of an agricultural worker’s dwelling on land at Stillingfleet House, Stewart Lane, Stillingfleet (ref: 2017/1324/FUL).
- To note the discharge of conditions in relation to the conversion of existing barns into 3 dwelling houses at Woodlands Farm Barns, Moreby, Stillingfleet (ref 2019/0683/DOC).
- To note a section 73 application for extensions and alterations to lilac Villa and Lilac Cottage to enlarge the existing ground floor accommodation, provide additional first floor bathrooms and bedrooms and erect a new garage and stable block without complying with condition 4 of the planning approval 2010/1171/HPA granted on 5 January 2011.
19045 Financial Matters
19045.1 Asset Register: To address one of the observations in the 2018/19 Internal Audit report, Council to re-consider and approve the Council’s Asset Register (Appendix 1)
19045.2 To receive a report from the Clerk/RFO re recent receipts and closing balances,
|Northern Powergrid re Wayleaves||£247.24|
Closing balances and bank reconciliation as at 30 June 2019:
To approve the Council’s bank account reconciliations (appendix 2) as:
Parish Council current account £6,030.30
Parish Council NS& I account £5,054.38
In accordance with the Financial Regulations Cllrs Daniel and Collingridge to sign the bank reconciliation as at 30 June 2019.
19045.3 To resolve to make the following payments:
|Ruth Swales re replacement printer & replacement cover||£28.49|
|HMRC re Clerk’s tax for May & June||£46.80|
|SM Smowton re laptop/printer installation/support||£60.00|
|Solutions for payroll||£12.05|
|S Atkinson & Son re Green cutting and baling||£1,680.00|
|P Elmhirst re printing expenses||£12.00|
|Ruth Swales re general admin expenses||£13.08|
|To note payment of Clerk’s salary for May & June|
- Date of future Meeting:
To confirm the date of the next meeting as Thursday 3 October 2019 at 7.30pm.
Signed ; Ruth Swales, Clerk to the Council, email@example.com