STILLINGFLEET PARISH COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TO BE HELD AT 7.30pm IN STILLINGFLEET VILLAGE INSTITUTE ON THURSDAY 6 DECEMBER 2018
Chairman: Cllr Paul Elmhirst
Clerk/RFO: Ruth Swales, Brookfield, The Green Stillingfleet YO19 6SG
- Welcome: Chair to welcome Councillors, Clerk and any visitors to the meeting and open the public participation session if appropriate.
18047 Apologies / Attendance
- a) Council to receive apologies and any reasons for absence from Councillors; to consider and resolve whether or not to accept any reasons given.
- b) All present are requested to sign the Attendance sheet.
18048 Declarations of Interests:
Chair to remind members to make any declarations of interest in any agenda items.
a). Council to resolve whether to accept Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 4 October 2018.
b). If approved, Chairman to initial and sign minutes as a true record.
18050 Matters Arising from the last meeting:
To receive information on the following ongoing issues and decide further action where necessary:
18050.1 Village Green updates:
– To ascertain whether there has been any response from Natural England re the derogation allowing the re-grading of the grips and ditches and any quotes received from Sweetings for the work to be completed.
– To ascertain whether Branches Out have completed the removal of the lower branches of the willow tree in the south west sector of the Green identified for removal through the Risk Assessment.
– To note that Selby DC have advised that the cost of removing and reinstalling the waste bin from the lych gate to the proposed site would be £60.82 + VAT and that the Council would need to arrange for the area to be paved before the re-installation can be booked.
18050.2 Speeding Problem update:
- To ascertain whether there has been any response from the Highways Department re what conditions and costs would apply to the installation of a VAS sign on the approach to the village.
- Policy Review Update :
To consider and review the final drafts of the following documents which the Policy Review Committee recommend for adoption by the Council and:
– RESOLVE to adopt the proposed Code of Conduct (appendix 1)
– RESOLVE to adopt the proposed Disciplinary and Grievance procedures (appendix 2)
– RESOLVE to adopt the proposed Publication Scheme (appendix 3)
– APPROVE the Council’s Asset Register (appendix 4)
noting that all adopted policies will be posted onto the Council Website for future reference in accordance with the Publication Scheme.
To note that, assuming the proposed Asset Register is approved, the total value of the Council’s assets is estimated at £13,839 yet the current insurance policy held by the Council limits assets at risk to £10,000 so Council to consider any further appropriate action.
- 18052. Police Matters: To receive information and consider any police matters raised by Councillor Harrison.
- Planning Matters: To receive information and updates on the following:
18053.1 Stillingfleet Mine Site
- Update re the further postponement of the planning hearing (which had been scheduled for 11 September 2018) in relation to the application for change of use of part of the former coal mine site, Escrick Road, Stillingfleet. – ref: NY/2016/0251/FUL.
- Update re any response from David Hardy (the Planning Lawyer) re the drafting of a letter to Selby Planning
- Update re whether neighbouring Councils are prepared to share the costs of appointing the Planning Lawyer.
18053.2 Update re the public exhibition held on 17 November 2018 which presented Plasmor Ltd’s proposals for the extraction of clay from land adjacent to the former Escrick Brickworks and the restoration of the clay extraction to agriculture and nature conservation interest.
18053.3 Observations submitted in relation to the proposed conversion of existing agricultural building for use as a single dwelling house at Haverland Farm, Stewart Lane – ref: 2018/1036/FUL
18053.4 Observations submitted in relation to the proposed conversion of the service wing at Moreby Hall into 9 residential units including minor internal alterations, replacement doors and windows – ref: 2018/0810/FUL
18053.5 The proposed felling of 1 Sycamore, 2 Yew trees removed to ground, crown lift by 0.5 metres to 3 Yew trees, 1 conifer removed to ground, felling of 2 Sycamores and felling 1 Yew tree in the conservation area which is St Helen’s churchyard Stillingfleet – ref: 2018/1289/TCA
18053.5 To receive the following planning decision:
Ref: 2018/0993/HPA – The proposed erection of a single storey front/side extension at Tullevers, Church Hill YO19 6SA has been approved.
- Matters raised by Councillors
To consider the following issues tabled by Councillors and discuss and decide upon any further action where necessary:
18054.1 To note that Cllr Dixon is intending to step down as Councillor and to discuss any plans for co-opting a replacement bearing in mind that Parish Council elections will take place in May 2019.
18054.2 Update re the rope swing on The Green and the response from our insurers regarding the Council’s public liability insurance (tabled by Cllrs Elmhirst, Lewis and Dixon).
18054.3 The Community Development Plan ( CDP ) allows the CEF partnership board to concentrate its efforts on the issues, projects and improvements that parish councils, community groups and local organisations wish to progress within their area. Council to consider whether to make a pro-active recommendation for inclusion in the CDP and whether any Councillors wish to attend the planning forum on 23 January 2019 (tabled by Cllr Cook) – appendix 5
18054.4 Update on the 2018 Environment Agency fish survey of Stillingfleet Beck light (tabled by Cllr Elmhirst) – see appendix 6
To ascertain whether any Councillors are interested in attending a YLCA Planning seminar as detailed in the attached appendix 7.
18056 Financial Matters
18056.1 Internal Control: To receive a report from Cllrs Daniel and Dixon regarding the internal control check undertaken as at 30 September 2018.
18056.2 To receive an update from Cllr Elmhirst re his enquiries regarding the outstanding grant from Natural England – (see appendix 8 letter d/d 6 Nov 2018 from the RPA).
|31 October 2018 – Rural Payments Agency being final 25% instalment under the Stewardship scheme for 2017||£589.74|
|6 November 2018 – Rural Payments Agency being 75% instalment under the Stewardship scheme for 2018||£1,771.39|
18056.3 To receive a report from the Clerk/RFO on closing balances and resolve to make any payments due:
Closing balances as at 30 November 2018 :
Parish Council current account £7,059.76
Parish Council NS& I account £2,072.05
To resolve to make the following payments:
|Acorn Lighting Services re street light repairs||£158.16|
|HMRC re Clerk’s salary (Sept/Oct)||£45.60|
|Solutions for payroll re Clerk’s salary admin||£12.05|
|To note payment of Clerk’s salary for September & October|
- To review the predicted outturn for year ending 28 Feb 2019 against the 2018/19 budget and consider the explanation of any projected material variances (i.e. greater than £100 or 15% above/below budget).
- To consider the annual budget proposals for 2019/2020 and fix the precept and relevant basic amount of council tax to be levied for the ensuing financial year.(see appendix 9)
- Charity Matters
To receive information on the following ongoing issues and decide further action where appropriate:
– To note that the Yorkshire Bank current account for the Charity has now been opened and the NS&I investment account closed and the approved donations for 2018/19 have been paid.
– Recent receipts:
|Annual rent for the ByeLaw Field – 1/10/18 – 30/9/19||£1,539.90|
Closing balance of Charity account as at 30 November 2018 is £8,098.07
- Dates of future Meetings:
18058.1 To confirm the date of the next meeting as Thursday 7 February 2019 at 7.30pm
18058.2 To provide advanced notice that Parish Council elections will take place on 2 May 2019 with elected Councillors taking office with effect from 6 May. As the Council is required to hold an ordinary meeting within 14 days of Councillors taking office the May 2019 Council meeting will be on Thursday 16 May 2019.
The April meeting on 4 April 2019 will be preceded by the annual meeting of the Parish.
Signed ; Ruth Swales, Clerk to the Council, email@example.com